It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Introduction!

Post subject: Introduction!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:03 pm 

Hey all, i'm Kayal (as you can probably tell), i'm fairly new to Mordor so I just wanted to say hello. I've been mudding since about 2000 but have only really stuck with one or two MUDs over the years. Until recently it was just down to one until I found Mordor. As i've told some people, i've always wanted to play a Lord of the Rings MUD but I was never satisfied with the ones that I came across over the years. Either they were too plain (ie. no colour..I need colour in my MUDs!) or way, way, way, too literal to the books. Some have no magic, no levels, and rely on crafting and such in order to gain experience and levels.

Anway! I'm happy I've found this place and I hope to stick around for a long while. To everyone I've already met, hello again! It's been a pleasure playing with you folks. And to those I haven't met yet, i'm online most days so feel free to say hi!

Thats all I guess :D

Cheers,

Kayal

Post subject: Re: Introduction!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:35 pm 
Global Moderator

Why not...

I'm Suland and am fairly old to Mordor. Mordor was the first MUD I ever logged into, and despite trying others over the years (as both player and staff), I've still easily spent 99% of my MUD activity within MORDOR. I've played as the character Mangan for nearly two decades now (mud opened for testing back in 1996, which is when I first logged on and was quickly kicked out for being a newbie to MUDs - not useful during a testing phase). I also have numerous alt characters that I have used for fun, testing, and assisting friends that were new and in need of grouping buddies, although some of the 20+ that I can recall the names of have not been logged in since 2009 or earlier.

In November 2006, Cadsuane called me out for my design suggestions and immortalized me as Mordor's newest coder (at the time) under the programming supervision of Screndt. As time went on, more and more gameplay and design decisions fell upon my shoulders, along with the programming required to implement them. While I've dabbled in some area building and mprogs for such areas, my main contributions have been in gameplay mechanics and systems in attempt to balance and reinvigorate differing components of Mordor. I've continued on in such efforts through the end of 2012, when Screndt and Cadsuane officially passed ownership of MORDOR to me after prioritizing the real world, an additional role which I maintain still.

Ultimately, MORDOR has been a larger time-sink than any other activity in my life with the exception of sleeping (except for a few years), from which the company of Mordorites throughout the years have given my life far more direction and success than any of them individually realize... which is largely responsible for why I am still around, hoping to make Mordor as beneficial for others as it was for me.

Cheers and thanks Mordor,
Suland

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]