It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

AQP for corpse retrieval?

Post subject: AQP for corpse retrieval?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:48 am 

Would you be willing to add an option for high level players to spend AQP to retrieve their corpses? The cost can be anywhere from 1 to 5 AQP, or even starting at 1 and going up to 5 when the player reaches adept.

Post subject: Re: AQP for corpse retrieval?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:44 pm 
Global Moderator

While I'm not against this, 1-5 AQP seems rather low. Another option would be to simply eliminate player corpses. I believe I talk about this a bit in another thread, but essentially corpse retrievals would disappear, and players would simply be in a "dead" state for 2-3 minutes after dying. They could still chat, spell-up and heal but they couldn't leave the death room. (The death room and dead timer simply prevent PK battles from having killed targets immediately rejoin the battle, and suicide fireballing large mobs at 10 hp every 8 seconds wouldn't work either... a tactic used in the past to kill Gandalf when he was one of the toughest mobs in the game.)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:05 pm 

My main gripe with corpses is having to get retrieve your stuff from a room where numerous hostile mobs may be lurking. If you get to keep your equipment then Eliminating corpses would be fine with me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:03 pm 
Global Moderator

GandGolf wrote:
My main gripe with corpses is having to get retrieve your stuff from a room where numerous hostile mobs may be lurking. If you get to keep your equipment then Eliminating corpses would be fine with me

Ah, I left out that vital part of information. Yes, the idea would be that you are essentially no longer able to go about normal gameplay for 2-3 minutes after a death, but your items and such would remain with you (and equipped).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 am 

That seems like a fair trade off, Especially when considering the amount of time to retrieve your corpse from a room full of hostile mods could take much longer. But what about lower levels who's corpse would normally be sent to the morgue. Will they also get the death time out?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:46 pm 
Global Moderator

Probably... could also make it level based. Minutes = level/30.... or something along those lines. Open to ideas if anyone has something better?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:54 am 
Global Moderator

Just an update here since I couldn't quickly find another thread which discussed the issue:

The no-player-corpse code is currently in the testing phases. The "dead state" will last for (level / 50) minutes, so that new players have almost no downtime, while the earliest PK battles (possible at level 50) are at least 1 minute of downtime, and end-game deaths last 3 minutes.

This has become the top priority code change, since it fixes a known crash bug (actually, the only known bug which I can replicate on-demand without immortal commands). This change also removes the pesky "players don't die until -11 hp" code, which actually meant something when top level players had 100 hp (~17 years ago). The "dying but not dead" states of health (such as 'incapacitated' and 'mortally wounded') no longer exist for players.

This change also fixes numerous other hacks, which work 99.9% of the time, but still had loopholes (such as iceshield, fireshield, and shockshield triple killing someone, or dead mobs using a death trigger to damage other mobs that are already dead and creating extra corpses).

A final huzzah will be that we will no longer require corpse saving for players, as there will be no player corpses. No more corpse littering. :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:09 am 

Now that corpses are out of the game what happens to all the no-uncurse items? How much coding would it be to remove the flag or just remove it from the code or otherwise ignore it?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:57 pm 
Global Moderator

As of May 11, "No-remove items can now be removed at any room with a healer in it. (Hometown healers or alliance healers.)" so there shouldn't be any issue with perma-curse items. The thematic idea is that being in the vicinity of the healer is more powerful than any curse on an item, as terrible as that sounds. The real reason is simply that there needed to be a way to deal with wearing items that are flagged as no-remove and perma-cursed.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]