It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Combat Counters

Post subject: Combat Counters
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:38 pm 
Global Moderator

In looking over my to-do list and bug list, I decided to do a small project this weekend that a few players have already automated via scripting to some extent. The concept would be to have a Damage Per Second (DPS) counter for players to see how efficient they are. This would also help players test themselves over an extended time instead of trying to calculate averages for spells based on a few mobs, etc.

Either each player would be in control of their own counter being reset, or it could be in the control of a group leader (outside of a group, you would be considered the leader of your group of one). Any opinions on which of these you'd prefer (group-leader control, or always self-control)?

Also, instead of calculating just DPS, we could also calculate Healing Per Second (HPS).

Mobs would also be included in this, so although Cleric Bob may have a low individual DPS, you could also see Bob's Holy Avenger's DPS and Bob's Gorbag (charmed mob) DPS.

Overall opinions? Any other counters that you would like to have displayed?

Post subject: Re: Combat Counters
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:22 pm 
Global Moderator

Currently have 5 counters in mind:

• Damage-Dealt - How much damage did you deal?
  • Damage-Received - How much damage was dealt to you?
  • Healing-Done - How much healing did you cast?
  • Healing-Received - How much HP were you healed?
  • Effective-Healing-Done - How much healing did you cast, excluding the amount that gets ignored by heals (puts the target over 100% health)?

Currently planning to have styles of viewing for the counters:
  • Amount Per Second
  • Total Amount since Reset

Any other counters, views, etc. that you would be interested in?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:43 pm 
Global Moderator

Decided to implement the counters today.

Special notes: Divine Intervention is included in terms of healing. Divine Touch is NOT included. Later on, most likely at some point over the next 3 weeks, a future change I'll be doing to our system will allow this 'divine touch' to be added in easily. If I was to do it now, it would require me starting over from scratch (in regards to DT) after the new system comes in.

No Disclaimer: The new system shouldn't do anything to affect gameplay majorly. All it will do is allow us to code certain things much cleaner, and reduce the amount of computation needed to perform some "easy" tasks.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:29 pm 

Make an xp counter for average rate and how much gained in the past hour (or given amount of time).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:39 am 
Global Moderator

Flake wrote:
Make an xp counter for average rate and how much gained in the past hour (or given amount of time).

I like the idea. I'll include it in phase 2 (possibly getting done whenever I wake up). Only issue now is fitting everything on a single line. Perhaps I'll just make it into a small table instead of labeling each number for each player/mob individually. Color code the columns, and save enough space to fit in the XP counter.

Also, for the interest of space, for XP only, if the number is in the billions then it should probably truncate to millions. 10920284207 could show as 10920M for example.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:50 pm 

You could also add a leaderboard with melee, combat, experience, who has done the most. Also could be who is the oldest member of mordor. :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:42 am 
Global Moderator

Cleed wrote:
You could also add a leaderboard with melee, combat, experience, who has done the most. Also could be who is the oldest member of mordor. :D

These kind of things sound cool for a leaders board, but they don't exactly fit in with battle counters command directly. I suppose a cool thing we could do is track how long you can keep your average damage over a set amount, but that is sounding more like an immquest. Or perhaps, forcing someone to get their Damage Per Second up to a certain amount within one minute, etc.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]