It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 3 of 3 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Adept Level 10 Perk

Post subject: Re: Adept Level 10 Perk
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:55 pm 
Global Moderator

Worth mentioning, the saves system has been redone. Mana should now make a noticeable difference. Casters, feel free to test, or non-casters (entangle, etc., still use the saves system).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:26 pm 
Global Moderator

Suland wrote:
During testing, a couple of things have come up.

1) I had long ago decided to add another battlemage spell which I forgot about until a battlemage tested out the class:
[*] Offhand Channeling - Can use a staff as a secondary weapon instead of as a primary and still get the full staff channeling bonuses.

2) I looked at warlocks and felt that the class was pitiful. It has some very interesting and useful things, but it just wasn't enough. I decided to add two more abilities to them (one melee based, the other not).
[*] Majestic Accuracy - If critical strike fails to land, for a small mana cost this attempts to hit critical strike anyways (10% chance of working). It is passive.
[*] To Be Determined - Ideas are still percolating, and if anyone has a good idea, let me know.

The TBD spell has been added:

[*] Hellfire - Affects the character for 9 seconds, spell lag is also 9 seconds. 1500 mana. Each second there is a 1 in 3 chance to cast an enflame followed by suicidal-fireball.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:20 pm 

For building, I'm assuming that mobs will be able to have most of these skills/spells as mprogs? I was thinking that would be really cool since the number of nonsoloable mobs by adepts is less than a dozen, and this would help make more challenging mobs.

For Hellfire, that is going to be quite weak for characters not using staffs. It does get an average of twice as many enflames off in the time, though. (3 average vs 1.5 if you just cast enflame normally)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:15 am 
Global Moderator

nerolis wrote:
For building, I'm assuming that mobs will be able to have most of these skills/spells as mprogs? I was thinking that would be really cool since the number of nonsoloable mobs by adepts is less than a dozen, and this would help make more challenging mobs.

At the moment, no, mobs cannot use any of them. We may allow exceptions if it seems necessary, but I'd personally rather see more mob scripts that make the mob unique compared to any other mob or player.

nerolis wrote:
For Hellfire, that is going to be quite weak for characters not using staffs. It does get an average of twice as many enflames off in the time, though. (3 average vs 1.5 if you just cast enflame normally)

It is meant to offset 'majestic accuracy'. Hellfire is a much greater benefit to caster warlocks, as 'majestic accuracy' will assist melee based warlocks. As far as the doubled number of enflames, that is a worry I have. I am hoping it is random enough with a long enough lag time (9 seconds) to balance it in PK. Time shall tell.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:24 am 

What's the current status of this project? We doing this, or did we cancel? :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:00 pm 
Global Moderator

I've missed a meeting with Screndt, that would've brought this in... it is my own personal fault there. I apologize to everyone that has been waiting so patiently. It will be in very, very soon.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:53 am 
Global Moderator

Adept abilities are in.
Help files are on their way.. and please don't give Jaggus a hard time about them not being in. I missed (another) meeting, this time with Jaggus, which would have resulted in the help files being finished. Unexpected meeting with Screndt tonight, and I figured you would all rather see the abilities in now and guess as to what they do instead of waiting for the help files to be done before seeing the abilities.

Enjoy :D

Page 3 of 3 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3