It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Connecting with no Login Info?

Post subject: Connecting with no Login Info?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:06 pm 
Global Moderator

Hey everyone,

Just a head's up that we're aware of the issue where you can connect to the server but don't see anything... bug has been found and should be handled shortly.

My apologies for missing this during testing. So you have an idea of what to expect when you log back on in terms of changes:

* Kulazar has redone speechlog - optimization as well as the ability to see messages from certain channels right after logging on. If you log on in the middle of an OOC conversation and want to know what it's about, speechlog can tell you.

* Bug fixed that would set the experience counter to negative when you died.

* Object binding flags have been added. Two forms: bind_on_acquire (BOA) and bind_on_use (BOU). These will bind an item to the person who acquires or uses it, respectively. Bounded items are not like no_drop items. They simply can't be picked up by anyone that the item isn't bound to. These flags will be used extremely rarely, but should act similar to how quest items work. Expect to see the first few bound items in Flake's new area, which should suggest that they are pretty great items. :)

* Objects that you fade via enchants will no longer lose all of their flags. Some of them will remain, such as no_drop, non_metal, etc.

* Divine Touch will now heal the appropriate values. A bug made non-clerics use of it almost as strong as primary clerics. It will now properly heal (each time it ticks) for half the amount of a regular heal spell from the player that initially cast Divine Touch.

* Pets bought at pet stores can no longer be named.

* Pets, summons, and charmies (refered to just as Pets now) will all act the same. This means that however summons act, so will the rest of your pets. Also setup gates/recalls/etc. so that all of your pets will follow you, for those who can have more than one. There are still ways to lose your pets, such as going through a door with pass door, or teleport.

* Dismiss will now work with numbered arguments such as "dismiss 2.horse".

* Fixed a bug with calldragon when the player already had a pet (for those that can have more than one pet). Now, if you have a pet but are allowed 2+ then it will still let you call a dragon.

* Dispel Magic can now hit any level target. It relies more heavily on the saves system as well. It will also target only buffing spells (armor, bless, sanctuary, mirror of morgoth, etc). :!: Expect tweaks with this! Pushing this through earlier than expected since it was located with the bug fix that has us "lagged" currently. :!: [Cancellation will be changing to mirror Dispel Magic, but as a self-cast spell, it will target only debuffs (weaken, slow, etc).]

Post subject: Re: Connecting with no Login Info?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:45 pm 

I mentioned it while testing, but I think dispel magic is overpowered the way you have changed it. Perhaps instead of unlimited dispelling, have primary clerics dispel 1.2x their level (so they can dispel 180s at adept) and nonprimary clerics dispel 1.1x their level (so that it can be used in pk and some solo quests)

Post subject: Re: Connecting with no Login Info?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:48 pm 
Global Moderator

Part of the goal is to take out primary class bonuses. It's something we've been doing over the last 4 years, making things based off skill/spell % instead of specifically relating it to class order.

That said, I agree. It was too powerful for non-clerics. After you tested, while another player was testing it and came to the same conclusion, I changed it so that the caster's dispel magic % will have an affect on each affect being dispelled, instead of the % being used only to see whether or not the caster loses concentration.

It is still possible for a 5th cleric to dispel Sauron... but good luck doing it. I'd say it's about as likely to see as a 5th thief circling for damage. Feel free to test it again, next time I'm on.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]